Job Classification (Exempt or Non-exempt): Non-exempt
Reports To: Children and Family Center Director
Job Summary: Provides a safe and effective learning environment for children in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the Nebraska Children’s Home Society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides structured activities for children during parent education and support classes during daytime and evening hours 10-15 hours per month.
- Interacts with children in a professional and positive manner by:
- Participating actively with the children;
- Maintaining an atmosphere of enthusiasm and commitment;
- Preparing meals, serving, monitoring and cleanup;
- Assisting in toilet training when necessary and clean up activities.
- Maintains a safe environment by:
- Recognizing and acting against hazards to safety;
- Displays good social and communication skills by:
- Supporting peers;
- Communicating effectively with parents, peers and supervisors;
- Participates in staff training and completes First-Aid and CPR training.
- Demonstrates respect, appreciation, and sensitivity for diversity.
- Participates within Performance Quality Improvement program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum education and experience:
- Experience providing childcare for children under the age of 5.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of early childhood development and related issues
- Ability to follow regulations and procedures
- Ability to read, discern and interpret information given by clients
- Ability to observe situations with sensitivity and objectivity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-manage and work toward goal achievement
- Physical demands:
- Regularly required to speak and hear, walk, climb, sit, use hands and fingers to operate, handle or feel objects and equipment.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
- Schedule demands
- Availability to work evening hours.
- Site factors (work location, environment, travel, etc.):
- Worksite is Omaha
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Please contact Maria Nielsen, Children & Family Center Program Director, at email@example.com, 402.451.0787 or 3549 Fontenelle Blvd. Omaha NE 68104
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Nebraska Children’s Home Society
Attn: Human Resources
4939 South 118th Street
Omaha NE 68137
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org